Saturday, May 13, 2017

Nautilus and Ammonite: Sleep

The next finished artwork for the Nautilus and the Ammonite book project. The background pattern reminds me of the wallpaper in my childhood bedroom. At some point we peeled it off to paint my room pink, and I remember saving a large, folded sheet of the original wallpaper as a keepsake. Sadly, I lost it in the years since. Wallpaper has gone out of fashion with most interior home decor, but I love when I encounter a home with some really beautiful patterned wallpaper. The house here at Soaring Gardens has a lot to enjoy in that respect.

This is the fifth double-page spread. It is meant to be paired with this stanza:

They sailed all day through creek and bay,
And traversed the ocean deep;
And at night they sank on a coral bank,
In its fairy bowers to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment