Saturday, February 28, 2015

Announcement: Words On Woodcuts Press

If you follow this blog, you know that over the past 3 years I've completed the artwork for two books that feature my woodcuts. The first is Cats A-Z, a cat-themed alphabet gift book for adults, completed in 2013. The second is Owl and Cat In Love, a reimagining of Edward Lear's poem The Owl and the Pussycat, completed in 2014.

Since then, I've sought a contract with an established publishing house, first through a literary agent, and when that didn't work out, through direct submissions to smaller presses. I've had a few serious considerations, learned a lot, but received no offers.

Independent publishing was always a backup plan, and that time has come. My experiences with attempting the traditional publishing route, while disappointing, have given me more confidence. I have seen these projects taken seriously by professional agents and editors. I know there is a market for my product, I simply need to reach it.

My business plan is almost complete, and next month I'll kick off the fundraising campaign. Words On Woodcuts will be a press!

No comments:

Post a Comment