Friday, May 12, 2023

Ethnicity Through the Eyes of the Artist

 

"Practicing Accordion"
9" x 12" 
Linocut with chine colle 

This depicts my 11 year old practicing their instrument while the puppies howl. I made it to submit to the exhibition "Ethnicity Through the Eyes of the Artist" at Abington Art Center, juried by Erika Land, Nina Guzman, and Cheryl Harper. I was already going to submit recent versions of "Stirring" and "Chopping" (below), but I could include 3 works in my submission, so I decided to make this print in the same medium and style. This print wasn't accepted into the show, but I'm so glad I made it. 

Happily, "Stirring" and "Chopping" will be included in the exhibition, which opens June 9th (reception from 6-8PM) and runs through July 24. 





No comments:

Post a Comment