Sunday, January 29, 2017

Sketchbook Sunday: Sequencing at Six Senses

This isn't really sketchbook work, but it serves a similar purpose with respect to my studio practice. Tonight I learned sequencing with fellow members/associates of the North West Clay Guild at the Six Senses Collaborative Clay Studio. Sequencing is an approach to painting for everyone that was developed by Ric Campman at the River Gallery School of Art in Vermont. Two of our members had learned this approach at the River Gallery School and shared it with some of us tonight. There's more information about sequencing and information about sequencing workshops at the River Gallery School found here. I myself had a productive evening using my non-dominant hand and tapping more into my intuitive brain. These are the three sets of sequences I created. My mind is humming with how I might modify this approach for working with children in the after school and summer programs I teach.






No comments:

Post a Comment