Friday, July 15, 2016

Monotypes by 3rd and 4th Graders

This week I had some of my summer camp students make monotypes. I had them hike up to a pond and creek with drawing boards and do some drawings from life outside.

For the monotype prints I had the kids put their drawings or photographs I took on our hike under a piece of thick transparency paper and paint in the drawing/photographs using Createx monotypes colors. The kids painted quickly and kept the paint wet so they could print on dry paper. They did the pressing with their hands.

This first image -by Dean whose other work I wrote about last week - is of one of the sheets of transparency paper after he printed it. It was so beautiful, we both considered it its own work of art.

The rest of the photos are monotype prints by other students in the class.





No comments:

Post a Comment