Tuesday, May 27, 2014

"Pre-ballet"

"Pre-ballet"
Woodcut reduction, 4 layers of color
Image 3.5" x 4", Paper 5.5" x 8"
Water based inks on 100 lb. smooth Bristol paper
Limited edition of 6
Available for purchase here.

Those who know me probably recognize my oldest daughter in this image. She has been taking Pre-ballet for 2 years already, and has another year to go before she'll be in "real" ballet class. But she dances all the time in her pink leotard, tutu, and little pink slippers.

I created this print as an end of school year gift for my daughter's dance teacher. She is one of those people who is always joyful and patient around young children. After the kids' end of year performance - which only lasted a few minutes - she beamed with pride and I swear I saw her eyes watering. Great teachers are priceless.

Below you can see the preliminary pencil drawing and what the wood block looked like by the time I was finished.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I'm sure her teacher greatly appreciated such a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete