Monday, April 28, 2014

Student Work: "Ladybug" and "Cricket"

I teach through the Wagner Free Institute for Science's SNAP program. Right now my kids are studying Entomology for the science curriculum, and for the complimentary art portion I'm having them create woodcuts inspired by insects.

Two of my kids showed up the day we did drawings on blocks, but they didn't show up for either of the carving days. This deeply disappointed me since I knew their drawings would make awesome woodcuts. So today I took those blocks home and did the carving for them.



Hopefully the kids will come back on the days we are printing and get to see how the process of woodcut printmaking transformed their drawings. In the meantime, here are the proofs of Cam's Ladybug and Christian's Cricket. (Both are approximately 4" x 4".)



No comments:

Post a Comment