Friday, January 11, 2013

Janet Fisher's Woman and Goats

The light in the sky wanes, turning the trees in the distance blue, and the whites of her apron and the goats' fur gray. Her shoes are the first to melt into the graying green of the ground. As the day ends she gathers the two, blithe animals who had been enjoying the meadow. A golden light in the window of the house beckons, and a winding trail of flattened grass points the way home.

A part of me wants to holds on to that golden light like a life raft because it might keep me from drowning in the dark, quiet, chaos of night. But the truth is, I find a certain joy in these repetitive chores. It is like the satisfying, aching bliss I feel when I hear a song that ends with the chorus slowly fading into silence.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is such a beautiful print! The colors and shading are intoxicating. Is Janet Fisher a living artist of today?

    ReplyDelete