Monday, June 6, 2011

#6 - 30 Prints in 30 Days (Hippos)

"Hippos" (original collograph)
9" x 6"
Water based ink on green Subi paper
Artist's Proof

This image is inspired by a plastic hippo toy I bought for my daughter this weekend. I'm just playing around again with collographs using foam pieces. This final image reminds me of batik, what with the bright color gradations within solid shapes surrounded by thick outlines. I did a second version of this print with corner pieces (click here to view on my Etsy store), although I think maybe I should add a lot more to it. Fill up all the negative space and really give these guys a habitat to roam and roar around in. I think I'll work on that...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is an impressive undertaking! Keep up the great work - you're doing so many interesting things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anne! I feel that is a huge compliment coming from you since you are always impressing me with all the things you do!

    ReplyDelete