Saturday, January 14, 2017

Sketchbook Sunday: Spotted Owl for Make 100 Kickstarter Campaign

A wise old owl sat in an oak, 
The more he heard, the less he spoke; 
The less he spoke, the more he heard; 
Why aren't we all like that wise old bird.
Kickstarter is encouraging people to create Make 100 campaigns to usher in the new year. So I'm beginning 2017 with a new Kickstarter campaign (click here and please share!) - if I reach my goal I'll be creating an original, hand-made book illustrating the above Mother Goose rhyme A Wise Old Owl.

I've decided to use the Northern Spotted Owl as my main reference for the book. It has such beautiful markings. Today's post features two preparatory sketches.
Contributors can choose either the black and white version ($25) or hand-colored version ($40.) The campaign runs through February 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment