Tuesday, January 31, 2017

"Hay Ride"

This is my print for Baren Forum's Exchange #71. It's a 4 layer reduction woodcut. The paper is 7.5" x 10" and the block/image is 6" x 8". 

The image is from a photograph I took of my younger daughter on a hay ride this past October. I snapped it intending to eventually make a print because I'd been wanting to do a portrait from the back for a while. Long-time readers of this blog know that I've been captivated by similar portraits by other artists: Boteh by Andrew StoneHibiscus by Viza Arlington, and Tracy by Alex Katz.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Martha - you should check out Lisa Toth's image here. https://www.etsy.com/listing/116025758/woodblock-print-after-the-swim?ref=pr_shop This is of her niece Grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, I hadn't seen that one - love it. Thanks for linking to it.

      Delete
  2. I should also say that yours is a lovely image and I look forward to seeing it in person!

    ReplyDelete