Saturday, March 19, 2016

"Spring Melt" by Rick Allen

When sunlight shines through water vapor that hovers just over a crystal-clear pool of refreshing drink, it is impossible to turn back and see what has been. 

I discovered the wonderful artist/illustrator Rick Allen just today while perusing books at a local bookstore. Specifically, I pulled Winter Bees & Other Poems of the Cold off the shelf, a picture book of nature poetry written by Joyce Sidman and illustrated with Allen's colorful relief prints. I immediately looked up more of Allen's work after I came home. There were too many lovely prints I'd love to feature on this blog, so I quickly settled on something seasonally appropriate and depicting an animal that happens to be my favorite color.

Reproductions, cards, books, and calendars featuring Allen's work can be found and purchased here.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful print. Thank you for unearthing this wonderful artist & illustrator!

    ReplyDelete