Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Goodbye to Sunny Point

My residency at the Arts Center of Yates County Sunny Point has ended. Now I'm back in Philadelphia with a whole stack of screenprints, linocuts, woodcuts, blocks, and a completed dummy book draft of The Nautilus and the Ammonite - hooray!

A big, heartfelt thank-you goes out to everyone at the Arts Center who made this opportunity possible. These ten days of peace and solitude were exactly what I needed to get a jump on this project.

As part of the thank-you, I left behind three works of art: a linocut/watercolor study of the "Nautilus" and "Ammonite" characters as I plan to depict them in the book titled "Twin Sisters of the Sea" and the "Plesiosaur" and "Plesiosaur Fossil" woodcuts printed in Prussian blue ink on paper where I did a watercolor and salt wash.


The photograph of me carving and group photo of me with the Board of Directors (see below) were taken by photographer Howard LeVant.

For fellow artists (including performing artists as well as writers) interested in applying for artist residencies, the wonderful resource I use to find appropriate opportunities is the Alliance of Artist Communities.











No comments:

Post a Comment