Sunday, July 26, 2015


I made this for a print exchange: [Baren] Exchange #65. The image is 8" x 12.5" and the paper is 10" x 15". It is printed in oil-based ink on Sulphite block printing paper. I made an edition of 23 for the exchange. 

I had some wood blocks lying around that have very difficult grain to work with. The soft parts of the wood fleck out very easily, while the tough parts are extremely difficult to carve. So it's hard to get fine details. I decided to bring out the grain more and create a very busy composition with lots of varied mark-making. The subject of a flower from my garden seemed appropriate for that style. I'm rather pleased with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment