Friday, June 27, 2014

Owl and Cat in Love, Cover

"Owl and Cat in Love"
Woodcut (reduction)
11.75" x 11.25" (image)16" x 15" (paper)
Oil based inks on Sulphite Block Printing Paper 
Limited edition of 3

After over a year and a half, all the art for my visual re-telling of Edward Lear's The Owl and the Pussycat is complete! Now it's time to put together a proposal package and begin seeking a publisher. 

Words can't express how much I've benefited from the encouragement of my friends, family (especially you, mom), colleagues, and this blog's readers. Even if you never comment here or on facebook, seeing the number of pageviews increase over time, and increase the most when I've been posting the newest images from this project, have kept my confidence high when I've felt overwhelmed  by other responsibilities and when I was slowed down by illness. Thank you all so much. 

I'll be taking about a 3 week break from studio work, and then I plan to maybe do some highfalutin serious art before diving into the next book. Not sure where the muse aims to take me, but no doubt it'll involve wood blocks and chisels. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the contrasting settings. Terrific work, Martha! So very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete