Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"After Lunch" by Elizabeth Norton

I first posted on Norton just over a month ago. I find that I'm especially drawn to her style of color woodcuts of animals given the project I'm working on at this time. Here I feature another of Norton's colorful gems:

The abundant grass is swept up in their steady and continuous feeding.

munch munch munch 

The white rabbit is tired. He leans against an orange companion, eyelids heavy. His rapid heart-beat slows from a gallop to a mere trot.

ba-boom, ba-boom, ba-boom 

One stands on higher ground, eyes open wider, ears perked up straighter than the rest, muscles more tense. She will give the signal, should anything go awry. Not that anything ever does in this domesticated sphere they occupy.

silence 

Eating, dozing, and on alert - it is everything they do.


No comments:

Post a Comment